Thursday, January 11, 2007

Prospect v. Conant

In its last match of the season, Prospect lost to Conant 38-30, thereby finishing with a 8-2 record. For the first time all year, Andrew Berowski, Tejas Shah, and Parth Patel all went down to defeat in the same match. Moreover, they all lost on pretty simple tactical oversights that left them with no chance to salvage the game. Perhaps they had gotten overconfident, but hopefully they have learned that they cannot take any moves for granted.

I missed the Conant match because I was in Madison visiting my son at the University of Wisconsin, and my biggest regret was not seeing how excited the Conant players were about winning. In the five years I have been helping out at Prospect, this is the first time anyone has been excited about beating Prospect. Two years ago, the team was 0-10 and a win over Prospect was about as exciting as Grant Hill beating that little fat kid at basketball in the Sprite commercial a few years ago.

Unfortunately, being unable to watch the games made it difficult for me to decipher some of the scoresheets. Here are upper boards: 1st Board; 2nd Board; 3rd Board; 4th Board; 5th Board.

No comments: